Downloading and installing the Pharos Popup Client
IMPORTANT: Apple users must download and install the Pharos Pop-up Client before configuring a campus printer.
Click here to download and install the Pharos Pop-up Client
Configuring the Campus Printer
- Open Safari and go to localhost:631.
If the following error occurs, then open Utilities à Terminal and enter cupsctl WebInterface = yes and then close Terminal.
- You should see the following webpage:
- Click on the Administration tab.
- Under the Printers heading, click on Manage Printers
- Click on the printer you wish to change:
- Click on Administration and select Modify Printer
- In the list that appears, click on Windows printer via spoolss and click Continue.
- In the next window, in the text box enter smb://10.0.1.21/Epson9800 for the large format printer or smb://10.0.1.21/Epson4900 for the smaller printer in the front of the room. Click Continue.
- Click Continue on the next screen where it asks for Description and Location information.
- Finally, on the last screen that asks for Make and Model, click Modify Printer to complete the setup.
You have completed updating a printer within Mac OS X