In-State Tuition Eligibility

In-State Tuition Eligibility

To be eligible for in-state tuition rates, you must be domiciled in Virginia for a minimum of one year before the first official day of classes. When you apply for in-state tuition, you should be prepared to present documentation to support your claim. See the following “Domicile Requirements” section for details.

To change your tuition status from out-of-state to in-state you must initiate the process by completing the “Domicile Determination Form” section of the Virginia Community College System Application for Admission form, 125-30. This form can be obtained online at or at any campus Student Services Center. It must be completed and returned to the Student Services Center for review before the enrollment period begins for the semester in which the in-state charges will take effect.

The College reserves the right to collect the difference between in-state and out-of-state tuition charges when the wrong tuition rate is paid. The Student Services Center on any campus can clarify your questions concerning domicile status.

For more information regarding tuition, please view the Administrative Information section of the College Catalog.

Topic Information
  • Topic #: 8202-3652
  • Date Created: 7/2/2013
  • Last Modified Since: 5/8/2014
  • Viewed: 2228
Welcome Guest