You may receive the following error when viewing a presentation in Internet Explorer: "Unable to open the Internet page. Operation Aborted". This is typically due to the Skype Add-on for Internet Explorer. Disabling this add-on should resolve this issue. Follow these steps to disable the Skype Add-on:
Disabling Skype Add-on in Internet Explorer:
1. Open Internet Explorer
2. Press the 'Alt' key on your keyboard to reveal a file menu (contains file, edit, view, favorites, tools, help).
3. Click on the 'Tools' menu to reveal a drop-down list. Choose 'Internet Options'.
4. Click on the 'Programs' tab, and then the 'Manage Add-ons' button.
5. Locate any items labeled 'Skype' in the list on the right. Highlight these items, and click on the 'Disable' button.
6. Click 'OK' to close this box.
7. Restart the browser and login to Mediasite again. This issue should be resolved.