Adding your Ball State Email account (@bsu.edu, @ballstate.bsu.edu, or Live@Edu @bsumail.net) to your Android device is relatively simple. To begin, follow these steps:
*Directions will very depending on the version of Android you are running.
1. Go to System Settings
2. Navigate to Accounts
3. Select Add Account:
4. Select Email, then Corporate or Exchange:
5. Enter the information requested in the following fields:
a. Enter your full BSU email address
b. Enter your BSU password in the password field, then hit Next:
c. Enter your full email address (firstname.lastname@example.org) again in the Username or Domain\Username field. If the Username and Domain name fields are listed separate, enter bsu.edu as the domain (not shown in example):
d. Enter outlook.office365.com or m.outlook.com for the server name (see example image above).
e. Make sure the box for SSL is selected and Accept all SSL Certificates if asked (see check boxes in image example above). Click Next.
6. If a pop-up comes up asking about Remote Security Administration, choose to allow it. Tap OK:
7. Choose your preferred settings for frequency of e-mail checking, days to sync, syncing Contacts/Calendar, etc. and then select Done to save settings:
8. If prompted, allow the device to activate as a Device Administrator:
9. If asked, give the account a name of your choice:
10. Your BSU email account is now set up on your Android mobile device.
The 1st time you open your inbox, it may appear empty. If so, please allow a few minutes for your mail to sync to your phone. Connecting to WiFi is recommended during the initial sync for faster completion.