1. Go to Settings on the Android phone:
Please note: Android devices are often
different and each device may vary in
menus and steps necessary to get
2. Locate and open the Wi-Fi settings:
3. Ensure that Wi-Fi is turned ON and then click on the bsusecure Wi-Fi network:
4. In the configuration for bsusecure set:
EAP method: PEAP
Phase 2 authentication: MSCHAPV2
CA certificate: (leave this blank)
User certificate: (leave this blank)
5. In the configuration for bsusecure set:
Identity: (BSU username)
Anonymous identity: (leave this blank)
Password: (BSU password)
Advanced options are not required
6. If the configuration was correct, the status of bsusecure should change to Connected after 10-30 seconds.
Troubleshooting steps to try if connecting to bsusecure fails:
1. Ensure that the configuration matches the above steps by modifying it.
To Modify the configuration for bsusecure, click and hold (long click)
on it's name in the list of Wi-Fi networks (step 3 above).
2. Connect to bsuguest. Once connected successfully to bsuguest, try again to connect to bsusecure.
3. Toggle Wi-Fi off and then back on.
4. Restart the phone.
5. Check if your phone has pending software updates and install them.
6. Forget all BSU Wi-Fi networks including bsusecure, bsuguest, eduroam,
and bsu. To forget a network, click and hold (long click) on it's name
in the list of Wi-Fi networks (step 3 above). Retry the above steps.
7. Bring the phone in to the Tech Center.