If you are a new student, faculty or staff member trying to log into FlashLine for first time, you will need to use your default password. You must include this one-time setup to receive access to campus resources, such as the FlashZone wireless network and VPN.
The formula for the default password is mmmyyxxxxx (all lower case), where:
If you need assistance locating your Kent State ID Number, click here for instructions.
1. Please go to the following page to log in to FlashLine. http://www.kent.edu
Enter the FlashLine User Name that was provided in your acceptance or hire letter and click "Login".
Or visit http://flashline.kent.edu.
2. On the next screen, enter the following information:
• An alternate email address. If you do not have one, click here for instructions on how to create one. This will not be used for marketing purposes. The sole purpose of the alternate email address is to send a temporary password in the event you request a password reset in the future.
• Answer 3 security questions. If you should forget your password in the future, you will be able to reset your password by providing the answers to these questions. NOTE: If you forget your password and are unable to provide the answers to your security questions, you may have to visit a campus location for future password reset assistance.
• Change your password and click Submit.
3. Once you have clicked Submit, you will be presented with a “Success” dialogue box. Click OK and you will be logged directly into FlashLine.
You should now be able to log into FlashLine, E-mail and all other services at Kent State University. If you are still unable to log in and change your password, please call the Helpdesk at 1-330-672-4357 so we can work through some additional verification and provide you with a password reset. Please have your acceptance or hire letter when you call.