If you are a new student, faculty or staff member trying to log into FlashLine for first time, you must include this one-time setup to receive access to campus resources, such as the FlashZone wireless network and VPN. You will need to use your FlashLine user name and the default password. Your FlashLine user name is everything before the "@" symbol in your Kent State email address which is on your acceptance or hire letter. For example, if your Kent State email address is firstname.lastname@example.org, then your FlashLine user name would be jdoe.
The formula for the default password is mmmyyxxxxx (all lower case), where:
If you need assistance locating your Kent State ID Number, click here for instructions.
Enter the FlashLine User Name that was provided in your acceptance or hire letter and the default password and click "Login".
2. On the next screen, enter the following information:
• An alternate email address. This will be used to send a temporary password in the event you forget your FlashLine password. This will not be used for marketing purposes. If you do not have one, click here for instructions on how to create one.
• Answer 3 security questions. If you should forget your password in the future, you will be able to reset your password by providing the answers to these questions. NOTE: If you forget your password and are unable to provide the answers to your security questions, you can request that a password be sent to your Alternate Email address, or you may have to visit a campus location for password reset assistance.
• Set your password (see criteria in the graphic below) and click Submit.
3. Once you have clicked Submit, you will be presented with a “Success” dialogue box. Click OK and you will be logged directly into FlashLine.
You should now be able to log into FlashLine, email and all other services at Kent State University. If you are still unable to log in and change your password, please call the Helpdesk at 1-330-672-4357 so we can work through some additional verification and provide you with a password reset. Please have your acceptance or hire letter when you call.