1. Download the Cisco AnyConnect VPN app from the App Store on your device.
2. Once downloaded, launch the Cisco AnyConnect app.
3. When prompted, if you would like to enable the VPN software, allowing it to extend the built-in VPN capabilities, click OK.
4. Select Add VPN Connection
5. Enter the VPN information
6. If you created the VPN with a description, you should now see it listed with a checkmark next to it. If you did not enter a description, you will see a check next to a connection named ksuvpn.kent.edu.
7. To connect via the AnyConnect VPN, turn the AnyConnect VPN to ON
8. Enter your FlashLine ID and password
9. Choose CONNECT
NOTE - If you did not choose a Description when creating the VPN connection, you will receive a pop-up stating that it has been renamed. Click OK.
This happens because upon the initial connection, a configuration file is applied also with the name of ksuvpn.kent.edu. The connection you created will be renamed with (User) after the name to differentiate the connection created by the user and the auto-configuration connection.
NOTE: If for any reason, you are not able to establish a connection by using these instructions, please contact the Helpdesk at 330-672-4357 so we can gather some additional information in order to troubleshoot the issue further.
You can also take your device to the Tech Spot for assistance. Be aware that if the problem is not configuration related, there may be a fee.