Usually when a Thunderbird account is created all Zimbra folders migrate over into the new Thunderbird account. Sometimes folders do not migrate over, or by accident the folder is no longer shared between Zimbra and Thunderbird. Maybe you don't want all folders to be visible in Thunderbird. Follow the instructions below to sync your Inbox folders.
Import Folders that exist in Zimbra Rider Webmail Client
These instructions are only for folders created in Zimbra Webmail Client.
1. Open Thunderbird. Click on File in the top tray. Click Subscribe... in the left column. The Subscribe box will open
like below. Here you will see all the folders that exist in your Zimbra account. When a folder in this list is checked off in
the accompanied check box, it becomes cross viewable between Zimbra and Thunderbird.
2. To import a folder that is not checked off to Thunderbird place a check mark in the appropriate box and then click the
Subscribe button the right. In the same way you can make a folder no longer viewable in Thunderbird by UN-checking the
box, and then clicking the Unsubscribe button on the right.
Sharing Folders created in Thunderbird with Zimbra Rider Webmail Client
Folders that are not created in the Zimbra webmail client can not be control through the Subscribe feature. Follow these
instructions to share Thunderbird created folders with Zimbra.
1. Open Thunderbird. Click on Tools in the top tray. Click Synchronization & Storage in the left column.
2. Make sure the check box under Message Synchronizing is checked. UN-checking this box will block every Inbox sub folder
from being visible between Zimbra and Thunderbird. Next click the Advanced ... button.
3. The Items for Offline Use box will open. When a folder in this list is checked off in the accompanied check box, it becomes
cross viewable between Zimbra and Thunderbird. When making changes to this box be sure to click OK to save changes.
Restart Thunderbird to see the changes.