** OIT recommends using Internet Explorer on Windows computers when accessing Banner. **
Banner only supports Java (Versions 7, Update 1) up to (Version 7, Update 67) with the exception of (Java 7, Update 21) in Windows. Four causes can be preventing you from accessing Banner. Reason one, Java is not installed. Reason two, your version is too old, you will need to remove the older version, and install (Java Version 7, Update 67). Reason three, your version is too new, you will need to remove the newer version, and install (Java Version 7, Update 67). The fourth cause could be the Java cache file, which needs to be cleared.
Verifying Java Version
1. Click this link.
2. The java website will open, click the verify version button. It will prompt you to run version checker, click Run.
Note: If Java Version is (Version 7, version 51) and above, there will be additional popups. For more information on
(Version 7, Update 51) can be found at this link.
3. If you version of Java is below Version 7 Update 1 you will need to uninstall the older version of Java in Control Panel -
Programs and Features.
Windows XP - OIT no longer supports Windows XP. If you are having problem with Windows XP please put in a ticket to
upgrade you computer to Windows 7 ASAP.
Windows 7 - Programs and Features (Find the version of java highlight the object and click uninstall up top.)
4. After removing the newer version of Java if needed, verify you have additional versions installed in the above list in Control
Panel. If the remaining versions are older than (Versions 7, Update 1), follow the same instructions above to uninstall those
versions. Do not uninstall JavaFX 2.1.1 as this is a different piece of software not pertaining to Banner. If no other
versions exist you will have to install (Java Version 7, Update 67).
OIT Provided Java Downloads
5. Download Instructions for Internet Explorer: click Run, on the User Account Control pop up click yes to proceed,
next click Install.
6. Click this link to get further Java installation instructions. Do not attempt to download Java from this site.
How To Clear the Java cache
1. To clear the Java cache click this link and follow the instructions on Java's website.
NOTE: If the issue remains unresolved, we will need to escalate.