Connecting to the RUGuest Network
Note: Device registration can take up to 15-30 minutes to register to the network - after allowing this time, if restarting the device does not work, immediately escalate.
The RUGuest network is available in academic and administrative buildings. On iOS devices, the captive
portal (login) page will launch automatically. On other devices, users will need to start a Web browser, and they
will be re-directed to the login page.
Locate and connect to RUGuest
(These instructions are tailored for Apple Mobile Devices runing iOS 7)
1. Open the Settings app on you mobile device. Click the arrow > next to Wi-fi, next if your Wi-fi
screen looks like the one below this means your Wi-fi is off. Slide the switch next to Wi-fi to the
right to turn Wi-fi on.
2. Select RUGuest in the 'Choose a Network' list. Your Wi-fi setting should resemble the second image
below. As long as you are registered in the RUGuest system, and your mobile device Wi-fi is set to on,
the device will automatically connect to RUGuest when in range for a 24 hour period.
Registering with RUGuest
(These instructions apply to all mobile device platforms)
Once you have connected to RUGuest you will have to register with the RGuest Web System. Open a browser and the
RUGuest Web page will open. Follow these instruction to create an account.
Create an Account
1. Users must enter a name and e-mail address.
This cannot be a rider.edu address. They can also (optionally), enter a phone
number, and their mobile carrier if they would like their password sent via SMS.
The receipt confirms the users account has been created.
An e-mail copy has been sent to the address provided. Their account expiration
is also displayed. At this point, they can log into the network.
They can click below to have the password sent via SMS
Things to Note:
- Guest accounts are provided for internet access only, as a convenience for visitors.
These users may not access certain critical on-campus resources (Banner, Etc.)
- The RUGuest network is not provisioned in Residence Halls.
- Users may not create guest accounts using rider.edu email accounts. All users with
Easypass accounts should connect to the Nowires network.