You can access mail from a Zimbra account using IMAP or POP3. OIT suggests using IMAP as your mail server type for Rider email. Note: This method only syncs mail messages. For access to contacts and calendars, use the Zimbra Mobile Webclient.
- Under Mail settings, select "Add Account..."
- Select "Other", In "Other under the Mail section select the arrow for "Add Mail Account."
- Complete the New Account form for; Full Name, email address, password, Description, and then click Next.
- Select "IMAP" in the IMAP/POP3 selection tab.
- Verify the contents in the "Name", "Address", and "Description" fields
- Provide "Host Name" (see Incoming Mail Server below) , "User Name", and "Password" in the "Incoming Mail Server" section. The iPhone will automatically detect IMAP over SSL if your server requires it. If your server requires a non-default TCP port specification, use the hostname:port format in the "Host Name" field. SSL settings can be adjusted later under the "Advanced" section in the mail account settings.
- In the "Outgoing Mail Server (SMTP)" section, provide settings for "Host Name", "User Name" and "Password". As with the incoming mail server, the "Host Name" setting accepts the hostname:port format if the outgoing mail server uses a non-default TCP port.
- Save the configuration
Incoming Mail server
- Students: students.rider.edu
- Faculty & Staff: mail.rider.edu
Outgoing Mail Server
- Faculty/Staff : smtp.rider.edu
- Students: smtp.rider.edu
Fore more information on iPhone, please visit Apple Support.