Wireless on Rider University is accessed through 'nowires'. Wireless adapter should connect to 'nowires' and is Easypass authenticated. If it fails, follow the steps
- Click on START, then SETTINGS
- Double Click on Control Panel
- Select and double click on Network Connections to open
- Right click on “Wireless Network Connection” and left click “Repair"
- Go to START, then 'Run'
- Type CMD in the Run box and click OK
- A black Command prompt window will open. Type "ipconfig"
- The information should be in the Wireless Connection and will look like 184.108.40.206. This is the IP address
- Type 'ipconfig/release' and will give an IP address of 0.0.0.0
- Typle 'ipconfig/renew' and will refresh and issue an IP address
- Open a browser and try visiting a website
Windows 7 connection
Open Set Up a Wireless Router or
Access Point by clicking the Start button.
Click Control Panel, click
Network and Internet, and under Network and Sharing Center click Connect to a
It will open the wireless access
points available for the location you are in. Select the desired wireless
network and connect.
- Disable the wireless adapter and re-enable it.
If you still face problem with wireless, contact the HelpDesk at 609 219-3000